Wednesday, September 28, 2011

My Multiple Personalities

When I was student teaching in second grade last year, all my kids called me "Miss Waller"... which was great because that's my name :) Teaching first grade, however has given me a case of multiple personalities. I answer to a lot of names now...

Today my Vice Principal came into my classroom and said, "Hey Brittany," and I answered "Yes?" The VP then says "Wait, did I just call you Brittany?" I have found that I now answer to many different names... some of them include:
  • Miss Waller
  • Mrs. Waller
  • Miss Wallers
  • Miss Wawer (some of my kids can't say their L's)
  • Miss Wall-e (as in the lovable robot created by Pixar...)
  • Teacher
  • Mom
  • Momma
  • Mommy
I also answer to multiple Kindergarten teacher's names which I will not write here... :) I figure, as long as they're not calling me bad names I'm pretty well off.

Today was a short day. Every Wednesday is "early release" and the kids get to leave at 1:00. When I was hired at this school I was really excited to have early release... but today I stayed at school longer than I usually do when we get out at 3:00! Between team collaboration, planning, resetting all the computer passwords for each of my students, sharpening about 70 pencils, and getting all my stuff together... I didn't leave school today until almost 5:00. My contract day ends at 4:00... whew...

It hit me this week that as of next Friday, the school year is a quarter of the way through... WOOHOO!! If you had told me the first week of school that I would make it this far into the school year I probably would have laughed at your face... as soon as I had finished hyperventilating. I am fairly sure that if I can make it through the first quarter of first grade, I can make it through ANYTHING :)

Today I am as smart as a first grader!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on making it this far Brittain! I mean, Brittany, Mrs Wall-E? You can make it the rest of the way as well...I'm sure!

    Melissa (from Inst once upon a time) :)

    ReplyDelete